Office and Casual Look
The t-shirt and chinos combo is without a doubt one of the easiest but most powerful duos that every man should have in his wardrobe. One of the easiest ways to look great and still feel comfortable in the summer is this timeless combination with your favourite pair of chinos and you’re good to go!
How a T-shirt Should Fit
Before you even think about pairing a T-shirt with chinos, you’ve got to make sure you’re wearing a T-shirt properly. It sounds easy enough to get right, but there are a number of factors that can change the way a T-shirts fits around your body, and it’s easy to get these simple rules wrong. Here are the basic things to remember:
- The hem of your T-shirt should fall no lower or higher than your hip-bone.
- Your sleeves should be fitted around your arms and end in the middle of your bicep.
- Your T-shirt should follow the shape of your body, not hang straight down.
How Chinos Should Fit
As with T-shirts, the fit of chinos is important to the way your outfit looks, and if you wear the wrong size or shape the whole style can fall flat. Although it’s easy to customise your chinos by cuffing them, the basic rules apply no matter what style you’re going for.
- Your chinos should be fitted, but not too snug. You should be able to pinch around half an inch of fabric when you’re wearing them.
- There are different designs of chinos, but the waist shouldn’t be higher than the middle of your stomach, or lower than your hip bone.
- If you’re wearing chinos with boots, don’t cuff them so high that you can see your skin.
Keep the t-shirt fitted and the trousers tailored for a look that’s perfect for those times when the attire calls for casual, but you want to portray an air of sharpness or professionalism. A good example is a weekend business meeting, a casual afternoon date, or a college/grad school class.
Don’t forget the extra ten percent: the Accessories.
With Black Polo t-shirt and Chinos. I usually go with simple golden accents. I wore this Golden anchor bracelet, and Ralph Lauren shades are an almost perfect match. They look like they are from the same collection, even though they are each from different countries and different time periods.
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,